Texas Girl in Oz

G’day Y’all - Intermittent, Hopefully Comprehensible, Personal Ramblings

Saturday, June 03, 2006

G’day y’all,

It’s cold today. Of course June in Melbourne is meant to be cold. June in Melbourne = blue hands.

Handsome hubby and I are going out for dinner this evening. It’s kid-free weekend in this beautiful culturally diverse city and all we could come up with to do is…out to eat. We’re going to check out a Mexican restaurant in Williamstown. I still haven’t given up on finding decent Mexican food here. I’m not asking for great, just decent. I made a big pot of red beans Thursday. It’s still in the fridge, so if the Mexican bites it I can always cook up some rice.

My favorite thing about Melbourne is the quantity of quality restaurants and cafes. Back in good ol’ Victoria, TX Asian food is Chinese buffet. Here we have Indian, Thai, Malaysian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean… I’ve also come to love African cuisine, most notably from Ethiopia and Morocco. Best of all about food in Melbourne is the seafood. Because we’re on the oh-so-cold Southern Ocean seafood is edible and fresh year round. No having to worry ‘bout whether or not the month has an ‘r’ in it. I just wish I could find decent frijoles and tamales. I wish I could find a margarita made with limejuice instead of gasp lemon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home