Texas Girl in Oz

G’day Y’all - Intermittent, Hopefully Comprehensible, Personal Ramblings

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hmmmm, Wonder Why Obesity Is Rampant In Texas

I read the Victoria Advocate, the local paper from Victoria, TX online quite often. On Monday mornings I read the wedding and engagement announcements from Sunday. The rest of the week I mainly scan the headlines, scan the local sports then click to the obits to see who died. Looking back on what I just typed… I read the virtual Victoria Advocate a lot like I read the actual Victoria Advocate.

I few days ago I found this little gem: M-m-m-m, deep-fried cookie dough - from scratch

I have a friend named Jo who had never been to Texas but was quite intrigued with the sound of ‘chicken fried steak’.

I explained to Jo that chicken fried steak is a flattened steak that’s been battered and deep-fried, like fried chicken. Thus the name, chicken fried steak. Jo turned her nose up so I blithely said, ‘We Texans will batter and fry anything.’

You can bet I emailed Jo this link the moment I found the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home